- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 6 mins
A perfect complement to steamed fish or poached chicken.
This recipe works well in an Asian-themed menu, as a complement to steamed whole fish or poached chicken. Depending on the size of your wok or skillet, you may need to make this in two batches.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (9-ounce) bags spinach leaves, washed and trimmed (about 16 cups loosely packed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add peanut oil; swirl to coat the bottom. When very hot and slightly smoking, add chopped garlic and salt. Stir-fry for about 15 seconds.
- Add spinach. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, until the leaves are thoroughly coated with oil.
- When spinach has wilted significantly, add sugar. Continue to stir-fry 4 minutes. Transfer to a warm plate. Pour away excess liquid. Serves 4.
Recipe by Christina Eng.