Stir-Fried Shrimp and Scallops
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2cups rice
- 2tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seed and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1large carrot, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen pea pods
- 1 1/2teaspoons sugar
- 1pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1pound bay scallops or halved sea scallops
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt; set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat, combine bell pepper, carrot, water chestnuts and pea pods. Sprinkle with sugar, and stir until glossy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shrimp and scallops and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add green onions and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute longer. Add soy mixture and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute, or until mixture is syrupy and shrimp and scallops are cooked through. Serve over rice.