Stir-Fried Shrimp with Snow Peas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2tablespoons water
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2tablespoon canola or peanut oil
- 1pound medium or large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2pound snow peas
- Whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, water, ginger, and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add the shrimp and cook about 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper and snow peas and cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Rewhisk the soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 170
- Fat 5g
- Sodium 630mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 21g