Stir-Fried Chicken with Honey and Ginger
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds to 1-3/4 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients for marinade. Stir well. Add chicken pieces, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- In large sauté pan or wok, warm canola oil. Add chicken and one-half of marinade mixture. Stir-fry for two minutes over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and continuing stir-frying until cooked through, about another 3 minutes. Chicken will be slightly caramelized.
- Arrange chicken on platter and top with sliced onions.
Adapted from Simple Chinese Cooking by Kylie Kwong, Penguin Group, 2006.