Snow Peas Sauteed with Chicken
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2tablespoons tamari sauce (wheat-free), or liquid amino acids
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons fresh ginger, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1cup chopped red or brown onions
- 1/2cup sliced radishes
- 3/4cup water chestnuts
- 2cups fresh snow peas, ends trimmed
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 2tablespoons sliced scallions
- Place the first six ingredients (peanut butter through cayenne) in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and toss to coat with peanut butter mixture.
- Add onions, radishes, and water chestnuts; toss lightly and set aside.
- Place the snow peas into a steaming basket inside a medium saucepan with 2 inches (5 cm) of hot water, cover, and place over high heat. Bring water to a boil and steam for 3 to 4 minutes, until peas are crisp-tender.
- Drain and arrange on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken mixture until meat is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken over snow peas and sprinkle with scallions. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 213.51
- Fat 9.38g
- Cholesterol 45.33mg
- Sodium 431.5mg
- Potassium 276.23mg
- Carbohydrate 9.39g
- Fiber 2.48g
- Sugars 2.91g
- Protein 22.14g