Sticky Brown Rice Cakes with Feta and Peas
- Yield 4 servings
Get some whole grains into your diet with this easy brown rice recipe.
Serve alone or with marinara sauce.
- 2 cups raw short-grain brown rice
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Place rice and water or broth in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Cool rice slightly and add Parmesan, feta, peas and green onions.
- When rice is fairly cool, scoop into balls using a 4-ounce an ice cream scoop or spoon and flatten gently into thick patties.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray or olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the rice cakes and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side.