- Yield: 2 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, left on stem
- 4cups firmly packed chopped callaloo, spinach or greens
- 1medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and thyme; saute 2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add callaloo and tomato. Continue to saute, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender.
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky.