Stellini Pasta with Wilted Watercress
- Yield 4 servings
Watercress (or even spinach) is stirred into a bowl of warm “little stars” pasta.
- 1 (10-ounce) package dry stellini pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced very thin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches watercress, heavy stems removed, leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, according to package directions, until al dente. Drain well in a colander and let sit a minute or two. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes until golden brown, remove from heat and add chili flakes.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add garlic, watercress and parmesan cheese to warm stellini. Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve hot or at room temperature.