Steamed Vegetables with Tamari Butter
- Yield: 15 servings
We’ve listed vegetables and their steaming times below. The array we use is colorful and complementary—the red cabbage is a surprisingly key ingredient.
- Fill steamer with a few inches of water, cover and bring to a boil. Steam vegetables separately.
- Broccoli florets: 5 to 7 minutes
- Cauliflower florets: 6 to 8 minutes
- Carrots: 6 to 8 minutes
- Red cabbage chunks: 8 to 10 minutes
- Yellow squash slices: 5 minutes
2. To make butter sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Stir in tamari and green onions. Simmer 5 minutes. Place all the steamed vegetables together in a pot or large bowl. Pour tamari butter sauce over top and gently toss to coat the veggies. Serve with bowls of shredded white Cheddar and nutritional yeast on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck