Steamed Flounder Fillets
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6medium flounder (or other) fillets
- 1cup chopped fresh parsley
- -- Salt
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- White wine sauce:
- 6tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2cups fish or chicken broth
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 4tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2cups heavy cream
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the fillets:
- Sprinkle fillets with parsley, salt and pepper. Place, in single layer on oiled steamer rack above boiling water. Steam for 6 to 8 minutes, or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with white wine sauce.
For the sauce:
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, 1/2 cup broth, salt and pepper. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring with a wire whisk. Mix well, then add remaining broth. Blend well, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add to mushroom mixture, stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cream and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add lemon juice and remaining margarine. Serve over steamed fish.