Steamed and Spiced Shrimp
- Yield: 40 servings
- 1pound raw medium-size shrimp in the shell
- 2teaspoons oil
- 1tablespoon prepared seafood seasoning or recipe below
- Seafood seasoning:
- 1 1/2teaspoons celery salt
- 3/4teaspoon paprika
- 3/4teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/8teaspoon ground hot pepper (cayenne)
For the shrimp:
- Coat shrimp with oil, toss with seafood seasoning. Place shrimp on a steamer rack over boiling water. Reduce heat and steam, covered , about 2-3 minutes or until bright pink and opaque throughout.
- Serve warm with your favorite spicy cocktail sauce.
For the seafood seasoning:
- Combine all ingredients.
- Makes about 1 tablespoon.