Steakhouse Sweet Potato Wedges
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
Talk about finger food! These wedges are soft and sweet, as much candy for the mouth as they are for the eyes.
Chili powder makes this deliciously easy, but experiment with other seasonings like cumin and garlic powder, chopped fresh rosemary, or thyme. For dunking, ketchup always works (at 15 calories per tablespoon), or try a squeeze of fresh lime juice for a British chips-and-vinegar effect.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise, and place it flat side down on a cutting board. Cut the potato halves into 1-inch-wide wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place the potatoes on a roasting pan and brush with the oil mixture. Lay the potatoes flesh side down on the pan and put the pan in the oven.
- Cook until potatoes, turning once, until soft, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let the wedges cool for a bit, and serve warm.
From: You Can Trust a Skinny Cook: 140 Recipes That Love You Back, by Allison Fishman, Wiley 2011. Reprinted with permission from the publisher.