Steak with Three-Herb Chimichurri Sauce
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Chimichurri Sauce provides a fresh "green" taste to grilled steak. Sponsored by George Foreman® Grills.
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile pepper flakes
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups tightly packed chopped curly parsley
- 2 cups tightly packed cilantro
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) New York strip, porterhouse or T-bone steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare Chimichurri Sauce, place garlic and next 7 ingredients (garlic through lemon juice) in a blender and pulse until emulsified. Add herbs a little at a time and blend until they are incorporated. Scrape down sides of blender jar as needed. The sauce should be thick and very green with the texture of pesto.
- Prepare the grill.
- To prepare steak, remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels. Just before grilling, brush both sides of steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place meat directly on the grill grate and cook over medium-high direct heat about 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking 5 minutes for medium rare. Cook longer for medium. Remove from grill to a clean platter and let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with 1 tablespoon Chimichurri Sauce per serving.
Recipe adapted from girlsatthegrill.com
For a complete menu featuring Steak with Three-Herb Chimichurri Sauce, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.