- Yield 2 servings
You'll want to make a large batch to keep on hand in your kitchen.
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
- Grind the salt, onion salt, onion powder, onion flakes, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, thyme, cumin seeds and Beau Monde seasoning in a spice grinder or food processor to a fine powder. Rub generously on both sides of a steak and let stand for 1 hour before grilling. Store any unused rub in an airtight container.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Heritage Hall’s To Learn, to Lead…To Serve (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 2008).