Hearty Steak Sandwich for Six
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2cups seeded and diced tomatoes
- 6tablespoons pitted, chopped kalamata olives
- 4tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4teaspoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2pounds flank or sirloin steak
- 1 (1-pound) round loaf (boule) Italian or French bread
- 4 thin slices provolone cheese
- 2ounces arugula
- Heat grill.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, basil, red onion, vinegar and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place steaks on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, to desired doneness, turning once. Place on cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain.
- Slice bread horizontally. Grill, cut side down, until surface is crisp and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cheese on bottom slice of bread. Top with tomato mixture, steak and arugula. Top with remaining bread. Slice into wedges.
Recipe by Chris Chamberlain
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 500
- Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 780mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 25g