- Yield 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) Laura’s Lean Ribeye Steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup low-salt, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Brush with olive oil.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 degrees) about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, broth, vinegar, sugar and oregano; bring to a boil. Add olives, capers and lemon zest; simmer until heated through.
- To serve, arrange steaks on a serving platter; top with sauteed mixture and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN