- Yield 6 servings
Marinate round steak in a mixture of honey, lime juice and a bit of mustard.
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 pounds lean top round steak
- Lime wedges
- Whisk together all ingredients except steak and lime wedges in small bowl. Score steak across top and place in shallow baking pan. Pour marinade over steak; turn to coat all sides. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat source 3 minutes per side for medium-rare or continue to cook to desired doneness. Slice thinly on the diagonal. Serve with lime wedges.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN