Steak Bites With Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1whole small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2cup vodka
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1cup tomato sauce
- 1tablespoon prepared horseradish (rounded)
- -- Salt, to taste
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3pounds beef sirloin, cut into large, bite-sized pieces
- -- Steak seasoning blend, to taste (or coarse salt and black pepper)
- -- bamboo skewers (6" to 8" long)
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and onions and sauté 5 minutes. Add vodka and reduce by half. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and horseradish. Stir to combine the dipping sauce and return the sauce to a bubble. Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings.
- Heat nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat meat bites lightly in oil. Season with steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper, to taste. Cook the meat until caramelized all over, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer dipping sauce to a small dish and place at the center of a serving platter. Surround the dip with meat bites and set several bamboo "stakes" or skewers along side meat.