Steak and Maine Lobster Kabobs
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds sirloin steak
- 6large (or 12 small) Maine lobster tails
- 1/2cup beer
- 1/2cup salad oil
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons snipped fresh chives (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 1/2tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1teaspoon snipped fresh basil (or ¼ teaspoon dried)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 12 lemon wedges
- Cut steaks in to 1 1/2 inch cubes. Cut lobster tails crosswise into thirds, leaving the shell on.
- Combine beer, oil, lemon juice, honey, chives, parsley, basil and pepper. Reserve 3 tablespoons in a separate bowl. Marinate beef and lobster in the rest of the marinade for one to two hours.
- Thread meat and lobster alternately onto skewers; discard remaining used marinade. Grill the kabobs, turning and basting with reserved marinade, over hot coles for 15 minutes or until lobster flakes when tested with a fork and beef is done as desired.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Recipe Courtesy of the Maine Lobster Promotion Council