Stack it Up Polenta
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 45 mins
- Cook -
- 1 pkg instant polenta, cooked according to pkg directions
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces can California olives, chopped
- 1 marinara sauce (purchased) or recipe in instructions below (YUM!)
- Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans 32oz of crushed tomatoes, pureed
- Make polenta as directed on package. Add 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Pour into buttered 11 x 13 inch pan and refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares. Brush both sides with olive oil and grill until crispy in preheated pan.
- While it is cooking, mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 c parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, olives and garlic in small bowl.
- Heat marinara sauce.
- Layer 1 piece of polenta, cheese mixture, and marinara sauce. Repeat to form another layer on top. Enjoy!
- Heat oil. Add garlic and onions and saute until translucent. Add celery, carrots, salt and ppper. Saute until soft. Add tomatoes, seasonings and sugar. Simmer covered about 1 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaf.