Squash with Cranberry and Orange
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4small acorn squash, cut into halves and seeded
- Salt to taste
- 1cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1large orange, peeled and diced
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 2tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Sprinkle the squash cavities with salt. Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine the cranberries, orange and butter in a bowl. Spoon into the squash cavities. Bake for 25 minutes longer or until the squash is tender.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the fruit filling. Broil until bubbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Boston, Boston Uncommon, a Culinary Journey Through Boston’s Distinctive Neighborhoods (The Junior League of Boston, 2007).