Squash, Tomato and Bow-Tie Pasta
- Yield 6 servings
When tomatoes are in season, this simple low-fat dish is a must.
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package bow-tie pasta
- 2 1/2 pounds yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- -- Pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain; set aside.
- In a large pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook yellow squash and tomatoes over medium heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add basil, Parmesan, pepper and green onions, mixing thoroughly. Toss squash mixture with pasta.