Squash and Zucchini Medley
- Yield 8 servings
This super low-fat side dish can also be served over pasta as a main course.
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 4 medium yellow squash (about 1 pound), sliced
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), sliced
- 1/2 cup canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crumbled rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and green onions over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine with yellow squash, zucchini, chicken broth and white wine.
- Season with basil , oregano, rosemary, and salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until squash is tender. Stir if needed.