- Yield 12 to 16 servings
A sinfully delicious cheesecake.
- 1 cup finely ground pistashios
- 3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 -- egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) grated semisweet chocolate
- -- Finely chopped pistachios
- -- Sliced strawberries
- Grease the bottom and 1 1/4 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- For the crust, combine the pistachios and graham crackers in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom and about 1 1/4inches up the side of the prepared pan. Chill, covered, until ready to use.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until combined. Add the eggs and egg yolk, beating at low speed just until combined. Stir in the milk and amaretto. Pour into the chilled crust. Place the pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the center appears nearly set when the pan is shaken. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen the crust from the side of the pan. Cool for 30 minutes longer. Remove the side of the pan. Cool completely. Chill, covered, for 4 to 24 hours.
- For the topping, just before serving, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Sprinkle the cheesecake with 3 tablespoons of the chocolate. Pipe the whipped cream over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon chocolate and pistachios. Arrange strawberries on the top.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Evansville’s Once Upon a Time (the Junior League of Evansville, Indiana 2003).