- Yield: 9
- 3sticks (1 1/2 cups) butter, room temperature
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1large egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 to 4cups flour, sifted
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- Colored sugar, decoratve sprinkles and cinnamon candies for decoration
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly cream together butter and sugar, beating for 2 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla and almond extracts; beat well.
- Sift together 3 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add gradually to creamed mixture, mixing to form a soft, but not sticky, dough. (If dough is sticky, add additional flour in small amounts until proper consistency is reached.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Fill cookie press; press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with colored sugar or cinnamon candies or decorative sprinkles.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in airtight containers. May be frozen.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board