Spring Vegetable Ragout With Miso
- Yield 4 servings
Tender pea pods and Swiss chard make this an early spring must.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced snow peas
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 cups chopped Swiss chard or spinach
- 1 cup whole basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound firm tofu, diced into small cubes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- Place the tomatoes, scallions, peas, green beans, Swiss chard, basil, garlic and tofu in a large bowl.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the vegetable mixture to the broth. Place the miso in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup the hot broth from the pot to the miso to dilute before returning the mixture to the stew in the pot. Serve immediately.