Spring Endive Salad Bites
- 4 endive bulbs
- 1 green apple
- 2 tablespoons tangerine juice (juice of 1 tangerine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden California raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tangerine, peeled and cut into segments
- Slice 2 endive bulbs thinly reserve the other 2 bulbs for serving. Slice green apple into matchstick size pieces. Toss in a bowl with tangerine segments, golden California raisins and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine tangerine juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk together and add to endive mix. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Trim ends of the remaining 2 endive bulbs and peel off outer layers to remove leaves. Fill endive leaves with salad mixture and serve.
Recipe by Alysa Bajenaru from Inspired RD