Spring Asparagus Flashed in the Pan
- Yield 2 servings
Tender asparagus takes a quick toss in the pan with sun-dried tomatoes and rice.
While this recipe calls for rice, feel free to use cooked orzo, quinoa or even angel hair pasta. If you want to add protein, try diced tofu, seitan or tempeh, added right after the asparagus hits the pan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced on the bias in 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown or basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons minced tarragon or basil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan or wok over high heat. Add garlic and asparagus, saute for 3 minutes until slightly softened. Add sun-dried tomatoes, rice, tarragon and tamari and combine well.