Spooky Raisin Spiders
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
- 1/2cup California raisins
- 1/3cup almond or peanut butter
- 3tablespoons each: honey and unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4cups brown rice crispy cereal
- 1ounce semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 96 tiny thin black licorice strips
- 2tablespoons powdered sugar
- 24 small candies or frosting for eyes
- Place raisins, almond or peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until a thick paste forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cereal, using your hands to mix in completely. Press mixture into 12 balls, then press lightly onto a foil or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread a small amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of each and slide 8 small pieces of licorice under each to form the spider legs; refrigerate until firm.
- Stir a few drops of water into powdered sugar to make a thick mixture to “glue” eyes onto spiders.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 130
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 35mg
- Potassium 122mg
- Carbohydrate 20mg
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%