Spooky Raisin Spiders
- Yield 12 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Halloween treats made healthy with raisins, almond butter and cereal.
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1/3 cup almond or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons each: honey and unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups brown rice crispy cereal
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 96 -- tiny thin black licorice strips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 24 -- small candies or frosting for eyes
- Place raisins, almond or peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until a thick paste forms.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cereal, using your hands to mix in completely. Press mixture into 12 balls, then press lightly onto a foil or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread a small amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of each and slide 8 small pieces of licorice under each to form the spider legs; refrigerate until firm.
- Stir a few drops of water into powdered sugar to make a thick mixture to “glue” eyes onto spiders.