- Yield: 16 pieces
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- In a small saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add the cooked spinach and flour. Gradually stir in milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add mozzarella cheese, stirring just until mixed.
- Spread the spinach mixture on each cut half of the French bread. Sprinkle with the paprika. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 128
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 261mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 7g