- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A quick and easy casserole that's low in fat and calories.
This creamed spinach dish adds color to your plate, and it's also delicious. If desired, you can substitute 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms for the canned ones. Saute the mushrooms when you saute the green onions.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 97% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) carton nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook spinach according to package directions and drain. Saute green onions in a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray until tender, 4 minutes. Mix together mushroom soup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Combine with green onions and spinach. Pour into the 2-quart casserole and bake 30 minutes.
Recipe by Holly Clegg