Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Caramelized Pecans
- Yield 4 servings
You will find the perfect balance of flavors in this spinach salad topped with strawberries and carmelized pecans.
- Carmelized Pecans:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Spinach Salad:
- 4 cups washed fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive or walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make pecans: Heat oil over medium heat in a large nonstick saute pan or skillet. Add nuts and saute 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over nuts and continue to saute, stirring constantly, 1 minute until sugar melts, coats nuts and turns golden brown. Remove nuts to a plate to cool.
- To make salad: Toss spinach, berries, oil and vinegar in a large bowl and add salt, pepper and caramelized nuts. Serve immediately.