Spinach Salad with Pears and Raisins
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 5 mins
Open a bag of prewashed spinach leaves; add raisins, pears and onions for a very quick salad fix.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 cup California golden raisins
- 2 firm ripe pears
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) package prewashed spinach leaves
- In a large salad bowl, mix orange peel, orange juice, vinegar and raisins. Core and thinly slice pears.
- Combine pears and onion with dressing.
- Allow to stand to blend flavors and plump raisins for about 20 minutes. Just before serving, add spinach to bowl; toss gently to coat with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board