Spinach Salad with Mango Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1 1/2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 mango, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare salad: Place spinach, mango, tomato walnuts and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with Mango Vinaigrette and toss well to coat. Add blue cheese and toss again very lightly. Serve immediately with freshly ground pepper.
- To prepare vinaigrette: Combine mango, extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and salt in a blender container or small food processor; blend until smooth. Vinaigrette may be made several days ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Mango Board