Spinach Salad with Citrus Fruit
- Yield 6 servings
Brazil nuts in this recipe provide crunch and selenium—a potent antioxidant. Just one Brazil nut per day supplies your daily requirement of selenium.
- 10 ounces chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup berries or grapes, or 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) cand mandarin or clementine oranges or grapefruit sections, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/3 cup of fresh fruit
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsalted Brazil nuts
- 1/4 cup fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- Toss ingredients together and serve. This delicious colorful salad should be eaten immediately after tossing with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of The Cancer Project