Spinach Rice Casserole
- Yield servings
A crispy, cheese casserole made with Worcestershire sauce for a little kick
This dish is my favorite, as well as the favorite of everyone in my family. My grandmother, Della Stansbury, got this recipe from her best friend, Linda Jensen, and then passed it on to me. I cannot thank her enough.
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, cooked, drained, and cooled
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 pound Cheddar cheese, grated (save some for top of casserole)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, rice, cheese, butter, and onion flakes. In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Add to rice mixture and mix well. Put in a greased 2-quart baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until middle of casserole is cooked.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Fresh spinach also is great in this dish. A dash of Cajun seasoning gives it a kick.
—Karen Collignon-Foley, Ellensburg, WA