- Yield 20 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A perfect topping for bruschetta and grilled chicken.
Use this pesto in pasta salads, on grilled chicken breasts or on bruschetta. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1 (9-ounce) bag spinach leaves, washed and trimmed (8 cups loosely packed)
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine spinach, basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
- With the machine running, add olive oil. Process until mixture is creamy. This may need to be done in batches.
- Transfer to a glass bowl. Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Makes 2½ cups.
Recipe by Christina Eng.