- Yield servings
This dish reheats well and makes for excellent leftovers.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, egg substitute, oregano, salt (if desired), and cayenne. Blend well, stir in artichokes, and set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray and cook onion 6 to 8 minutes or until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add spinach mixture and spread evenly over bottom of skillet. Cover tightly, and cook 15 minutes or until almost set. (The frittata will be very moist at this point because of all the onion. It will set when the cheese is added.)
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over all and broil 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese and finish cooking. Remove from broiler and let stand 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Cut into 6 wedges to serve.