Spinach Omelet with Cream Cheese and Feta
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 10 mins
A creamy spinach and three-cheese filling adds a flavor boost to your morning omelet.
Serve this omelet with fresh tomatoes or sliced red bell peppers.
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 tablespoons Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons 2 percent low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well and place in processor. Add cream cheese, milk and feta; process to combine or stir with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until sizzling. Add egg mixture. As edges set, move toward center with a spatula, allowing the uncooked egg to run to side. When top is set, spoon spinach mixture over omelet, top with Parmesan cheese, cover and cook for 1 minute. Fold omelet in half and slide onto a plate.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.