Spinach Olive Bread Pudding
- Yield: 8 servings
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2cups 2 percent milk
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon Tabasco
- 12ounces country bread, cubed (crust removed)
- 10ounces frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and drained
- 4ounces ham, chopped
- 2cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1cup California Black Ripe Olives, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk salt and Tabasco and set aside. Place half of the bread cubes into a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with half of the spinach, ham, cheese and olives. Repeat to create one more layer using the remaining ingredients. Pour egg mixture over the entire dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for approximately 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and allow casserole to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 45 to 55 minutes until cooked through, golden and puffy.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee