Spinach, Mushroom, Asiago and Caramelized Garlic Stuffed Potatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3large russet potatoes, well washed
- 2teaspoons olive oil, optional
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2cup sliced mushrooms
- Water, optional
- 1/2cup plus 2 tablespoons grated asiago cheese, divided
- 1/4cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place potatoes in oven as is or coat with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, if desired. Bake 50 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, spinach and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, sprinkling with water as necessary to prevent sticking. Place in a bowl.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into bowl with broccoli mixture leaving six potato shells with 1/2-inch-thick walls.
- Add 1/2 cup asiago cheese, the ricotta and red pepper flakes to the spinach mixture. Combine the mixture gently just until mixed. Use to fill the potato shells, mounding the mixture in the shells. Place on a baking sheet with sides and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons asiago.
- Bake stuffed potatoes in a 375F oven 10 to 12 minutes until heated through, cheese melts and surface is golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 204
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 305mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 10g