Low-Fat Spinach Dip
- Yield 64 servings
This versatile low-fat dip can be used to stuff mushrooms or served with wonton patty shells or crackers.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion until tender. Add flour and gradually stir in milk, cooking until thickened. Add ricotta, spinach and Monterey Jack cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in artichokes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 cups.