Spinach Chef Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Yield 6 servings
With this creamy seasoned low-fat dressing, you won't even miss the cheese.
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 (12-ounce) package spinach, washed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, whit part only
- 1 cup croutons (optional)
- In a bowl, combine together yogurt, sour cream, milk, basil, green onions (green part only) and garlic. Cover and refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute ham over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, tomato, green onions (white part) and ham. Serve with dressing and with croutons, if desired.