- Yield 8 to 10 servings
"This dish is even better the next day when you reheat it. You can also add onion or garlic if you wish."
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Drain the spinach well. If using onion and garlic, saute them first in 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Mix the spinach, eggs, butter, cottage cheese, flour, and cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add the onions and garlic, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Pour all into the prepared dish, and bake for 1 hour.
Recipe by Lois Thompson, Bigfork, Mont.