Spinach-Cheese Breakfast Squares
- Yield 10 servings
"I like to bring these breakfast squares to the school where I work. Everyone loves them. They never last more than 10 minutes."
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish in the oven. 3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in milk. Add cheese and spinach. Spread mixture evenly into baking dish. Bake 25 minutes, or until golden and set in center. Cool and cut into squares. Can be served warm or reheated.
– Jane Zadnik, Manchester, Conn.