- Yield: 16 pieces
You can freeze the bread before baking it by wrapping each half in plastic wrap then foil. Defrost the bread at least partway wrapped, then unwrap and cook as directed.
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 2tablespoons skim milk
- 5ounces light pasteurized processed cheese spread
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the spinach according to package directions. Drain very well and set aside.
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion over medium heat, about 4 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic, milk, cheese spread and spinach, stirring over medium heat until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the spinach mixture on each cut half side of the French bread. Place the bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the bread is crispy.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 107
- Fat 1.8g
- Saturated Fat .8g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 335mg