Spinach Beef Casserole
- Yield 6 servings
This easy casserole can be made ahead and cooked later, or frozen after cooking.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, cook meat, onion, mushrooms, garlic and oregano over medium-high heat until meat is done, 5 to 8 minutes. Drain any excess grease.
- Spoon into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Mix in spinach, cream of celery soup, rice, milk, and salt and pepper. Bake 35 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and continue baking 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.