Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Yield 20 servings
Quick and popular, this version of spinach dip with creamy Brie and Parmesan is hard to beat.
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 -- (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 -- (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- dash cayenne
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, heating until bubbly and thickened.
- Add garlic, spinach, Brie, and Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in artichokes, cayenne and season to taste. Makes 5 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.