Southern Spinach and Vidalia Souffle
- Yield: 6 servings
Using whole milk ricotta cheese really makes the texture creamy and rich.
- 1medium Vidalia onion
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2, 6ounces bags baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1, 15ounces container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4ounces goat cheese
- 4large eggs, beaten
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 7 by 11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the onion in half and then slice thinly into half-moons.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the spinach and toss with tongs until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir the ricotta, goat cheese, eggs, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the spinach.
- Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set and puffed.