- 1medium Vidalia onion
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2-- (6-ounce) bags baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1-- (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4ounces goat cheese
- 4large eggs, beaten
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut the onion in half and then slice thinly into half-moons. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes, or until soft. Add the spinach and toss with tongs until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir the ricotta, goat cheese, eggs, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the spinach. Pour into the prepared dish.
Bake for 45 minutes, or until set and puffed.
Recipe by Chef Gerry Klaskala, Aria, Atlanta, Ga.