Spinach and Vidalia Soufflé
- Yield 6 servings
Ricotta and goat cheese, baby spinach and sweet Vidalia onions cook up to an delightfully airy puff in this easy soufflé.
- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -- (6-ounce) bags baby spinach (about 10 cups)
- 1 -- (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the onion in half and then slice thinly into half-moons. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 6 minutes, or until soft. Add the spinach and toss with tongs until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir the ricotta, goat cheese, eggs, flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into the spinach. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until set and puffed.